Sunday, August 14, 2011

New Beginnings

I joined my mom's buisness about 7 months ago, to take a much needed break from my nursing career.  I had no expectations of staying.  Initially, I felt,  I was an extra pair of hands to help where needed.  I am the eldest of Sue's four children, and have never taken much of an interest in sewing or creating.  It's an ongoing joke that my two brothers, Andrew and Jason, received all the talent from the gene pool, and that my sister Aimee and I received absolutely nothing.  Several years ago I began to knit and realized what a mind-numbing therapy session it was.  As a person whose brain never stops running with a continual "To Do" list, knitting became a 'me' time as well as a time to switch off my brain.  Over the years I have realized what a gift my mom has; not only as a designer, but in the way she touches peoples lives.  She has a way of reaching into your creative soul.  She takes you on a journey, gives you confidence in your creations, provides a safe place, an outlet, takes you away from your troubles, your life.  Over the past 7 months, I too have experienced, the life changing gift by my mom's hands.  Sue Spargo, Twee, is something we have talked about launching for the last few months.  We wanted to provide all our loyal customers a sneak peek into the studio and a first glance at upcoming fabrics, notions and treasures before posted to the online store, www.suespargo.com.  I am excited for the opportunity to share new products and take you behind the scenes, to the chaos, that is suespargo.com!  

12 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Kelly, I look forward to hearing all the news. I have your Mum to thank for setting me off on a journey in the stitching world, and at times I have been very grateful to her, say hi to your Mum for me. Maureen (England)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea. I'm already excited about the new Heishi beads. I'm sure there will be many more items to get excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly... you made me cry :) you do have a very special mom! kori

    ReplyDelete
  4. W0W! This is going to be fun!!!! I have taken three classes from your Mom and I love her as well as her artistic abilities. Your blog will be a great addition to the business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, Kelly! It's great to hear your voice about living with your mom. I could only hope my daughter would be able to say such inspiring words as you. Blog on. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet story. Enjoy your new path!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is cool! I'm excited to find out how it happens at the 'Spargo ranch'! Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing about the knitting. We all have talents, known and unknown, and just have to keep reminding ourselves. looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the designs your mom has created. I'm excited to follow along and get the "heads up" on products, thanks! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so believe that is why your Mom, Sue, is so successful. You explained it so well, what a lucky, inspiring family you all are.
    Nancy in MT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love knitting too! It's a wonderful way to escape from work. Soon, you will be quilting and stitching too, like the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to blogland Kelly this is wonderful news...I bet your Mom is a very happy camper to have her daughter involved in a shared experience..
    Just so you know I am following by email I look forward to getting a behind the scenes look at all the activites of you and your Mom....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the land of blog Kelly. I too am a nurse and find a lot of us are very creative. I think it stems for the quiet times on the wards at night. Mind you most of my career has been in obstetrics that goes pretty much 24/7.

    Look forward to your view of your mom's life. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete